How To Use A Twitter: Guide For Beginners
In case you're one of the few individuals who don't have a Twitter account yet, or you've been meaning to make one yet haven't gotten around to it, this guide will tell you all that you have to know to get started. Twitter is a great way to stay up to date with current events, connect with friends, and even follow your favorite celebrities. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to get started with Twitter.
1. Go to twitter.com and create an account. You will need to provide a valid email address, create a username, and choose a password.
2. Once you have created your account, you will be taken to your Twitter homepage. On the left-hand side of the page, you will see a list of options. These include your profile, your lists, your Moments, and your settings.
3. To update your profile, click on the edit profile button. Here you can upload a profile picture, write a short bio about yourself, and choose a background image.
4. To start following people, click on the search bar at the top of the page and type in the name of the person or organization that you want to follow. For example, if you want to follow the news, you could type in "CNN."
5. Once you find the person or organization that you want to follow, click on the follow button.
6. To tweet, simply click on the compose tweet button and start typing. Remember that tweets are limited to 140 characters, so make them count!
7. To see what's happening on Twitter, click on the home button. This will show you a feed of all the tweets from the people and organizations that you follow.
8. To reply to a tweet, simply click on the tweet and type your reply into the box that appears.
9. To retweet, simply click on the retweet button. This will share the tweet with all of your followers.
10. To like a tweet, simply click on the like button.
That's all there is to getting started on Twitter! Now that you know the basics, go out and explore all that Twitter has to offer.