Tips on Changing Google Play Account
Google Play allows you to change your account on any device you use. The procedure is really simple and does not require special knowledge from you. After that, you will be able to get to apps and games you have purchased via the store.
Why change accounts?
Google Play offers you numerous products. It contains a gigantic library of books, movies, and games. If you have several accounts on Google Play, you can use them both, changing them. Depending on the device you use, there may be limitations for access.
For example, iOS owners may reach movies, tv, books, and music via Google Play. They do not have access to the games. At the same time, Android owners can download anything from their native store, including games. So, if you are using both platforms, you may want to create different accounts. How to change these accounts?
Adding another account on the device
While the whole procedure is easy and quick, you need to add extra accounts to the device. It is necessary to do it before you will be able to switch the accounts. How can you do this?
- Open Settings of your device;
- Find “Users and Accounts” or just “Accounts”, depending on the device and tap it. Now tap the button “Add Account”;
- Choose “Google” from the list. Usually, on this stage, the device will ask you to enter your pin or password;
- Now sign in your other account on Google and follow these steps to add an account;
- Repeat the whole procedure if you have more than 2 accounts.
Changing Google Play accounts
After you have added accounts into the device, you can switch them in a few taps. The process is easy. Here is what you have to do:
- Go to Google Play app on your phone and open it. Tap the button with three lines on it. This button is placed in the top left corner of your screen;
- You can see your name and email at the top of the menu that appeared. Tap the arrow down;
- There will be a list of accounts that you have. Pick the one that you need and tap it.
The same procedure can be easily repeated on your PC. You have to visit the Google Play website. Open it and you will see your picture in the top right corner of the screen. Click on it and change the account to the one that you need right now.
Remember, you can always use a web browser instead of the Google Play app, even on your mobile device. Just go to the website, as you would do on your PC. When you are there, press three lines in the left corner of your screen. Tap the “Edit” option that you can see next to your name and profile picture. After that, select the profile you want to use right now.
Is it that easy?
Actually, you are only a few taps away from changing your accounts. You will get used to this system in no time. How many profiles do you have on Google Play? Share your experience in the comments below.